At Shekinah International, Entebbe Uganda, We follow the guidelines of English National curriculum.
In Early Years we use the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which covers seven areas of development;
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
- Communication and Language.
- Physical development.
- Understanding the world.
- Expressive arts and development.
The Primary Curriculum covers the following subjects:
- Humanities (History, Geography and C.R.E).
- Personal, Social, Health and Emotional Development (PSHE).
- Design and Technology(D&T).
- Art and Design.
- Information and communication Technology (ICT).
Concepts, knowledge and skills are delivered through exciting themes and topics that keep the children enthused about what they are learning.
Assessment and Planning
- Comprehensive and regular assessment through observation and interaction with the children.
- SATs for the Primary section.
- Low pupil-adult ratios allow for better knowledge of the children and their abilities which inform our planning, leading to meeting of children’s needs.
- Child participation in the assessment process so that they intentionally participate and take responsibility for their learning process.
Trips: Every term children have an opportunity to go on a field trip, usually related to a unit they are learning.
Book Week: Once a year a week is dedicated to building a love for books.
Science Week: This is a fun week of just experiments, investigations and discoveries.
Sports day: Children have an opportunity to display the skills they have been learning throughout the year. It is also a great way to build team spirit and cooperation.
Family Fun days: Such as Movie nights, Splash days, Cookery days, etc
Holiday camps: A range of activities are planned and run during the holidays to keep engaged in fun activities and acquire skills as well.
Clubs: These run after school between 3-4pm. They range Music, Art/Crafts, Explorer’s club etc.
Water splash days: These are family fun days with children that involves a range of water activities and games.